The European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) announced the first details of the Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ 4 Years from Now 2017 (DHWS17) that will take place in Barcelona on the 27th of February. The fourth edition of the event will address the main needs and challenges of the healthcare sector focused on four main topics: Virtual Reality & Games for patients’ engagement and behavioral change, New Insurances models, Chronic Diseases Management and Corporate Wellness.
DHWS17 is the vertical health programme at 4YFN, the business platform of Mobile World Capital Barcelona for technology startups. More than 12,500 visitors were at the last edition of the event.
Key digital health leaders and investors
Key Digital Health leaders will share their vision of the sector and present their strategy such as Simon Nicholls, Global Digital Health Director at BUPA and Tim Juergens, VP and Global Head of New Business Models, at ROCHE Diabetes Care. Investors will share also with the start-ups their vision of healthcare sector and their criteria of investment.
Live matchmaking between demand and offer
ECHAlliance has designed the DHWS17 around the objective to match demand side (hospitals, governments, insurances) and suppliers (industry, start-ups, entrepreneurs). The Challenge Call launched in 2016 has received close to 100 propositions. The best ones have been selected for the event.
- The best unmet needs and use-cases: physicians, public institutions, such as Guy’s and St Thomas and various other NHS foundation trusts in England, the Vall d’Hebron Hospital in Barcelona or the Resah purchase platform covering 150+ hospitals and nursing homes in Paris, will describe their needs, their problems to be solved and their experiences.
- The most innovative solutions: in turn, the best digital health start-ups and entrepreneurs will showcase their innovations and solutions: Artificial Intelligence based solutions such as Mediktor, for triage and pre-diagnose to support decision making; the latest innovations in smart connected devices developed by Withings; Doctoralia, the worldwide leader in health professionals and centers search; PlayBenefit, a startup that builds serious games for healthcare and the digital lifestyle platform Dacadoo, will be among the projects shocased at the DHW17.
Brian O’Connor, chair of ECHAlliance, said: “We’re very excited about the projects and companies selected for the DHWS17. Across the event, attendees will have the opportunity to discover the disruptive technologies and services that will shape the future of healthcare and transform the way health is provided for patients and health professionals.”
Active and healthy ageing
The Active and Assistive Living (AAL) programme, that funds projects in public-private partnership in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) for active and healthy ageing, is partner of the event. Two of the most groundbreaking projects financed by this scheme will be showcased at DHWS17. CogniWin provides a new way of working for older adults by making use of technologies to assist the learning process and at the same time provide well-being guidance. 2PCS Solutions is an alerting and locating system designed for the duties of professional care addressing the safety and independence of persons in care.
DHWS17 gives access to 4YFN and MWC and partner with DECIPHER PCP Project
The DHWS17 attendees will have access to 3 day of 4YFN (27th February to 1st March) and also 1 day of Mobile World Congress (2nd March). In addition, they will have the opportunity to attend the final event of DECIPHER PCP project, which will be held the 1st of March.
This EU project aims to develop a mobile solution for the management of patients in EU member states with chronic long term conditions which enables secure cross-border access to existing patient healthcare portals. The final seminar of DECIPHER PCP project will explore the experiences, benefits and outcomes of the PCP process in mHealth.
High level speaker profiles
Key representatives of health and social care services providers, government departments, device manufacturers, software and app developers, and patients will be represented at the congress and will share their vision about the state of mobile Health & Wellness sector. Among the key speakers will be:
- Simon Nicholls, Global Digital Health Director, BUPA.
- Tim Juergens, VP and Global Head of New Business Models, Roche Diabetes Care/Emminens.
- Amy Cueva, Chief Experience Officer and Co-founder, Mad*Pow.
- Clara Leonard, Digital Health Ventures, Venture capital.
- Vishal Gulati, Partner, Drapier Esprit.
- Anna Sort, founder, PlayBenefit.
- Frederic Llordachs, GBDM and co-founder, Doctoralia.
- Alexis Normand, Healthcare Development Director, Withings.
For more information and complete programme follow the link